Beyond Forgetting

Guys, I just feel the need to share this with you...it is such a well-written poem by Rolando Carbonnel which dates back in the 70s. I hope you'll like it...










BEYOND FORGETTING

By: Rolando A. Carbonell

For a moment I thought I could forget you. For a moment I thought

I could still the restlessness in my heart.

I thought the past could no longer haunt me nor hurt me.

How wrong I was!

For the past, no matter how distant, is as much a part of me as life itself.

And you are part of that life.

You are so much a part of me, of my dreams,

my early hopes, my youth and my ambitions

that in all my tasks I can't help but remembering you.

Many little delights and things remind me of you.

Yes, I came. And would my pride mock my real feelings?

Would the love song, the sweet and lovely smile on your face,

be lost among the deepening shadows?

I have wanted to be alone.

I thought I could make myself forget you in silence and in song...

And yet I remembered.

For who could forget the memory

of the once lovely, the once happy world such as ours?

I came because the song that I kept through the years is waiting to be sung.

I cannot sing it without you.

The song when sung alone will lose the essence of its tune,

because you and I had been one.

I have wanted this misery to end, because it is part of my restlessness.

Can't you understand?

Can't you define the depth and the tenderness of my feelings towards you?

Yes, can't you see how I suffer in this even darkness without you?

You went away because you mistook my silence for indifference.

But silence, my dear, is the language of my heart.

How could I essay the intensity of my love

when silence speaks a more eloquent tone?

But, perhaps, you didn't understand...

Remember, I came because the gnawing loneliness is there

and will not be lost until the music is sung, until the poem is heard,

until the silence is understood....until you come to me again.

For you alone can blend the music and memory

into one consuming ecstasy.

You alone...


........................................

Kung tu-tulain sa akin 'to, babalik ako....

posted under |

8 comments:

ewan said...

charot! if i know nambobola lang tong si rolando sa jowa nya! jejejej

miss u ate chuni

Ms. Chuniverse said...

@Ewan... ikaw talaga, wala kang karoma-romantic bone sa katawan. Ipapa-tawas din kita. Hahaha! Miss u 2. ;P

audie said...

Better to be a hopefull romantic than a hopeless romantic di ba? - audie g.

RainDarwin said...

teh pag tinula ba nya sau dapat nakaluhod din?

~Carrie~ said...

I like this poem, kasi it's romantic. hopeless romantic :)

Ms. Chuniverse said...

@Audie... ok na sakin kahit ano, basta may ROMANCE. Hahaha!

@Pilyo... kahit hindi na, basta naka-HUBAD lang. ;p

@Caridad... pareho pala tayo. kailan kaya tutulain sa 'kin yan. Bibigyan ko ng iPad. Coz! Hahaha!

john chen hui long said...

i knew this piece from school. and kinilabutan ako when our teacher asked us to memorise and recite it. i'm just not the romantic type. sex i like! very much!

Ms. Chuniverse said...

@John... napaka-honest! clap! clap! clap! hahaha!

Post a Comment

Newer Post Older Post Home
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Kumonek!

E-mail/Facebook: misschuniverse@yahoo.com
Twitter Account : misschuniverse

Tungkol sa Reyna

My photo
The universe is my kingdom, and i am the Queen!.... ahhmmm, that's a tall order pala, sige na nga 2nd Princess na lang. ;-)

Mga Fellow Beauty Queens

Popular Posts

Weblogs

Blog Directory for the Philippines

TopBlogs

Personal - Top Blogs Philippines

    View My Stats

Recent Comments